Friday, December 10, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, not so much at my house, which is a shame because I used to enjoy the anticipation, the weeks spent decorating and baking, shopping and wrapping and...well, you get the idea. 
There was a time when I couldn't wait to get the decorations up on Black Friday, when I'd listen to Christmas music non-stop for four full weeks and watch every Christmas special on TV.
These days, it seems as though the holidays have a way of sneaking up and taking me by surprise no matter how hard I try to keep myself on track. Case in point: I bought new lights to go around the windows several weeks ago, but I've yet to put them up. This weekend though--for sure--I'll get to it!
But even though the only visible sign of the times  around here is the extra four-pack of Gingerbread ale sitting in my pantry, that doesn't mean I'm not getting into the spirit of things.I've actually been counting down the days, aided by the inimitable Mr. Frank Kelly and the gentlemen of Straight No Chaser.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a tree to trim. Enjoy!



3 comments:

kelly said...

Okay you got me with Gingerbread Ale!! Love the videos~

Erin Nicholas said...

My lack of Christmas cheer was cured by the Christmas Can-Can! Thanks, PG!
Erin

PG Forte said...

Oh, the gingerbread ale! *sigh* Unfortunately, it's seasonal. But if I can resist, I'll try and save a couple of four-packs and bring them down to LA with me in April.

Glad you liked it, Erin. Those guys always make me smile, too!