There's a swim up bar...
And someone serving drinks...
I'll have a margarita please, on the rocks!
We're giving away more books!
1. An ARC of Primal Attractionby Sydney Somers
2. Sea Change by PG Forte
3. a choice from Kelly Jamieson's back list (go to http://www.kellyjamieson.com/, some are in print, too)
Today the Naughty Nine share 3 things we wouldn't want our mother to know!
1. How old I was when I first had sex. Granted, that was a long, long time ago but I suspect she'd still be shocked if she knew.
2. How my son got that scar right next to his eye. There are some things I wish I didn't know. That's one of them.
3. How much I weigh. We've been playing the "yes, I still need to lose a few pounds" game ever since my daughter was born. But I think the actual number and the fact that it ain't never gonna happen might be too much for her.
1. I’ve written sex scenes that take place with the lights on using something other than the missionary position
2. Such scenes occasionally have some relevance to (ahem) personal experience
3. I have actually served roast beef without mashed potatoes and gravy, and my broccoli is bright green rather than moss colored. To date, the family has survived (okay, that’s four—sue me!)
1. I didn’t just try smoking, I smoked. Sort of. A long time ago.
2. I read those Playboy magazines stashed in her bedroom when she and Dad weren’t home.
3. I once found her partially-finished, hand-written romance novel manuscript under the cushions of the couch.
I made the mistake of taking a creative non-fiction class once. And letting my mom read my essays. So a lot of my "don’t-tell" secrets have already been spilled! But here are three:
1. That time I hitchhiked from Loch Lomond to Oban, Scotland, because the bus didn't show up as scheduled.
2. Exactly how late I stay up every night (I'd get in so much trouble for not getting enough sleep!).
3. The word my iPhone is now auto-completing.
(Of course, she'll probably read this, and I'll end up telling her anyway. Love you, Mom!)
1. How much like her I really am, and the older I get the more apparent it becomes. That's probably explains the increasing strands of gray hair popping up.
2. That I pretty much only get around to doing laundry when we're out of clean socks and underwear--much to my husband's dismay.
3. That I'll always, always prefer Harrison Ford to Robert Redford.
1. How many times I've lost my virginity
2. How high my Discover card balance really is
3. How many times I actually use "bad words" in a 24 hour period
1. My pen name (because then she could read my book!)
2. How much I know about sex toys
3. How much I regret not having a wilder youth
To enter the contest, just leave a comment below telling us something you wouldn't want your mother to know! We'll draw the winner Sunday morning.