Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I Learned about Sexy Firemen




Some books are more fun to promote than others. Any book about a sexy fireman is a blast to talk about because, well, Exhibit A:






and Exhibit B:





Now that we've established that, let me say that my new novella, ONE FINE FIREMAN, is the most fun to promote so far. That's because I can talk not only about the book, but about something that could save lives.

One of my characters is a cancer survivor, and while researching the book, I learned an astonishing fact. Firefighters have much higher risk of developing cancer, as much as 100% higher according to some sources. I had no idea about this! I knew it was a dangerous profession, but I didn't realize that cancer was one of the risks. As if running into burning buildings isn't enough! Thanks to the Fire Chief of the real San Gabriel (my books are set in a fictional San Gabriel, California), I also learned about a group that's trying to spread awareness and help firefighters who are facing a cancer diagnosis.

That's how I decided to donate a portion of my royalties from ONE FINE FIREMAN to Chief Nestor's group, the Firefighter Cancer Support Network. It's a wonderful group in which cancer survivors mentor newly diagnosed firefighters. Their biggest challenge is raising awareness, which is why it makes me very happy that I can talk about the group every time I talk about my novella.

If you'd like to see what Chief Nestor says about the group, I interviewed him here on my blog. Click on the banner below for even more information.



But let's not get too serious here. ONE FINE FIREMAN is a fun, sexy novella, after all. Here's a little more about it. 


Kirk, aka Thor, one of San Gabriel’s infamous Bachelor Firemen, certainly lives up to his nickname. He’s tall, handsome, and has a chiseled body worthy of any Viking god. But he’d give it all up for one glance from her.

Sweet, shy Maribel has no idea he’s been pining for her. There’s nothing he’d like better than to sweep her off her feet and show her just how exquisite their love could be. But Kirk has a secret and he won’t let anyone get close, least of all the sexiest woman he’s ever met.

Can a feisty little dog and an even feistier little boy help these star-crossed lovers to find the true love they both so richly deserve?


Click here to read an excerpt.

Kindle
Nook
Print (Amazon)

You can find out more about the Bachelor Firemen series on my website. And if you like hot firemen photos, stop by my Facebook page. Yeah, I have a few. You could say that. Here's one for the road.



Happy holidays!

Jennifer Bernard
JenniferBernard.net


1 comment:

Sydney Somers said...

I had no idea about the high cancer rate among fireman. It's awesome that they have a support system like that to rely on.

And belated congrats on the release of One Fine Fireman. Love those San Gabriel firemen!