Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Introduction - Diane McEntire

Hello everyone! I’m D. (Diane) McEntire author of the paranormal romance series The Watchers.

Nine Questions for the Nine Naughty Novelists:

1. If you had to choose only one form of chocolate for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Dark chocolate has always been my favorite. Never was a Hershey’s person. I’d be happy to switch is there was a “will not go to your butt and thighs” chocolate.

2. What author got you started reading or writing romance?
I love the JR Ward’s Brotherhood of the Black Dagger Series. They didn’t actually get me started, but if I’m in a funk, reading one of them gets my juices flowing again.

3. What's the naughtiest thing you've ever done?
Sounds lame…but I made out in the back of my car at Cherokee Park.

4. What do you like best about the heroine in your latest book?
I put a lot of myself in her (Midnight Savior releasing Dec. 15th). Many of her trials through life have been my own.

5. What is a must have in your writing routine?
Ideas. My creative flow has to be going. I can’t just sit and write. I have to be in the mood. I often wonder how authors can bang out books so fast. I envy them.

6. What was the most interesting thing you learned in researching your most recent release?
The locale I used was the US Marine Hospital located behind where I work. It is one of the last standing Marine hospitals. We are talking merchant riverboat marines and not the marines today.

7. You're marooned on a tropical island, what sexy celebrity and comfort reads would you want with you?
Probably all of the books from the JR Ward series. I could read them over and over and over…

8. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what's your favorite, or does it change from book to book?
I can’t listen to music while writing. It’s too distracting. I need quiet to hear the voices in my head.

9. What's your favorite writing procrastination trick?
Still trying to find one.My latest release is Midnight Savior – The Watchers, Book Four coming out on Ebook December 15, 2009 through Samhain Publishing.

Blurb:

The phrase “home sweet home” means nothing to Marie DeVeux. Her parents never understood her ongoing relationship with her dead grandmother. Plus, she’s plagued with dreams of a man being tortured. Dreams so real, the burden strips away every vestige of normal life. At rock bottom, she hears her grandmother’s voice telling her that the man exists, and she’s the only one who can save him.

Kern, a Watcher, should have been more careful when he wished for a little more excitement in his life. Kidnapping wouldn’t have been his choice. Torture, solitary confinement and starvation have left his soul consumed by a burning rage and inner demons that push him to lash out at the first face he’s seen in eight long months. Marie.

Is this woman his knight in shining armor, or just another experiment? Kern must sift through the chaos of his mind for the truth that lies hidden in his heart. And make a decision before time runs out—for them both.


http://www.dmcentire.com/

5 comments:

PG Forte said...

Hi, Diane! Great post. But, hey, I put the "P" in procrastination and I'd be happy to share some tricks.

Um...we are talking about ways to procrastinate, right? Not ways to stop? 'Cause otherwise...never mind. o_O

Nine Naughty Novelists said...

I can't listen to music either--but I've got a lot of music in my books, so I guess there's a soundtrack there somewhere

kelly said...

Yeah I'm pretty good at the procrastionation thing too sometimes.

Great start to the Naughty Nine!

Erin Nicholas said...

Yay! We're up and going! Thanks for kicking things off, Diane! Procrastination?... what do you think I'm doing right now?! *g*
Erin

Skylar Kade said...

Yay Diane!! Can't wait to see what we get going here -- this is a great start.

Skylar