Monday, April 8, 2013

Dear RT Roomie...



I wrote this tongue-in-cheek post two years ago as we were preparing to attend our first ever RT Booklovers Convention. What's changed in the last two years...? Let's see.. edits for this year are in bold.

I can’t believe in less than two three weeks we’ll be at RT! I’m so excited (and nervous as hell) about going to RT this year. It’s going to be amazing to meet the other Naughty Nine (boo that Kate and Sydney won’t be there, but they’ll be posting “Home Alone” updates from all of us!). ! Okay we’ve already met so I’m not nervous about that but I am excited! Funny that it will be the same Naughties there this year!

For my RT roomie, I thought I would share some things you need to know about me while we are sharing a hotel room at RT:


  • 1.      I am not a morning person. If you talk to me, I will hear you but I probably won't answer.  Please don't think I'm being rude, but it's nearly impossible for me to form coherent thoughts let alone verbalize them until I've been up a couple of hours and have had a few cups of coffee.

  • 2.      On the other hand, I'm not exactly a night person either. I used to be, but years of getting up at 6:00 AM to go to work have resulted in me calling it a day at about 10:00 pm. However, in the adrenaline rush of the convention and parties, and perhaps with some extra caffeine, I may be able to stay up later—maybe till 11:00. J Well I think we learned from the last two years that I pretty much turn into a late night party animal at RT, although this makes the morning caffeine even more important.

  • 3.    I am high maintenance. This means I will hog closet space, bathroom space and bathroom time. I will bring way too many clothes and shoes that I won't wear, and will take up space with my makeup, lotions, potions and hair care products. I apologize in advance! It might be a good idea for us to have a bathroom schedule to ensure fairness and no hard feelings. This still goes (*ahem* shoes)  but again it all worked out the last two years so should be okay this year.

  • 4.      I am a shy, reserved introvert. I can do a pretty good job of acting like an extrovert, but it exhausts me. If I have to go back to the room alone to curl up in a little ball, once again I'm not being rude, I just need to reenergize with some alone time.Yep, still true although oddly enough, shy introverted me was the one begging people to go to parties with me...
Okay, this is tongue in cheek but somewhat true! Hopefully not scaring you too much! I'm so excited about RT and I really hope to meet as many people as possible, especially all my "on-line" friends—fellow authors, readers, industry professionals, anyone who wants to say hey! Love to meet you!

Yeah that all still goes! Look for me and the rest of the Naughties at our Cover Model Karaoke party (co-hosted with the Smutketeers) on Wednesday afternoon. Also PG Forte and I are participating in a panel discussion that day Parsing the Smexy - talking about what really defines erotic romance these days. Meg and Erin and I are hosting a bachelorette party to celebrate the release of our Promise Harbor Wedding series - find us in the bar Friday night at 8:00 for fun and fun prizes! And, I'll be signing at both the ebook Expo and the Book Fair, so you can also find me there! 



4 comments:

Moira said...

Sounds like you ladies will have fun. Sorry I won't be there to be a witness...um, I meant TO witness all the fun. ;)

Meg Benjamin said...

Okay, did not remember this. Am only now discovering you're an introvert who goes to bed early. Could have fooled me! :-)

kelly said...

LOL Moira we DO have fun! Wish you were gonna be there!

And yeah Meg I put on a pretty good act, don't I? :-)

Kinsey Holley said...

Aham - to all reading this: She is neither shy nor introverted when amongst the Nine.