Wednesday, July 6, 2011
This blog post title could have easily been “PG Forte is wrong”. But I figured this would simply result in lots of e-mails clogging my inbox with evidence to the contrary. So, instead I’m just going to prove it. Yesterday I observed that I had nothing interesting to say. PG, bless her heart, claimed that I am actually interesting. I really appreciate her faith in me, but well… I think this blog post might just prove that I’m right.
Oh, and I failed in my quest to include metal chickens, ice cream, feral cats and butter all in the same blog post. I blame the cold medicine.
So, in lieu of actually creating my own blog post (seriously, the cold medicine is kicking in—not in a good way) I’ve decided to tell you what makes a blog post or website “interesting” in my opinion and give you examples.
Quick disclaimer: please keep in mind that for me “interesting” is synonymous with “weird” and “funny”.
Ok, here we go:
1. Metal chickens. That’s all I have to say. (thank you Kate Davies!) But you’ll agree with me when you read this: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/
2. A diagram of your family tree that looks like, well any shape *but* a tree:
3. Anything that proves camping is a bad idea:
4. Just being plain old *funny*:
5. Anything where people make me laugh about getting older, having kids or being married:
And, because at some point I’ll have to blog again and the chances of me being interesting are sadly slim, I’d love some other interesting/funny/weird blogs to check out!
Posted by Erin Nicholas at 2:00 AM