Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday 13: Real Life Romance

This week's Thursday 13...what things do our real-life heroes do that we wish romance novel heroes did more often?

Juniper Bell: My husband has an incredibly optimistic view of just about everything, which is the perfect counterpoint to my own tendency toward anxiety. Just a simple hug from him can make me calmer. I'm not sure what he gets out of the deal.

Meg Benjamin: Hubs is patient with me when I'm in a really crummy mood. Heroes need to understand that even the fairest heroine has her bitchy moments.

Kate Davies: The DH took over completely as Mr. Mom when I got a job 90 miles away from home & had to live away from the family during the week. It was only for 9 months, but the recognition of how much goes into taking care of house & kids has continued to this day. We're definitely a stronger partnership now.

PG Forte: Foot rubs...except I don't get nearly enough. *hint*

Kinsey Holley: Hubs rubs the feet and cooks. Also fixes absolutely everything. If I wrote a hero who could fix the variety of car and household stuff Hubs can, reviewers would say it was just stupidly unrealistic.

Kelly Jamieson: My husband gives great neck/shoulder massages. I am making my heroes give more massages.

Skylar Kade: Ky doesn't bring me flowers or chocolate...he brings me fresh, homemade hot-from-the-oven bread. More heroes should bake!

Erin Nicholas: Mine does laundry. And dishes. And grocery shops. And cooks sometimes. It's awesome. I think heroes should be more domestic

Sydney Somers: Master Chef will do anything, even act like a complete nut, just to make me laugh. That's one thing I'd like to see more of in books.



No comments: