Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear RT Roomie


I can’t believe in less than TWO WEEKS  we’ll be at RT! I’m so excited (and nervous as hell) about going to RT this year. It’s going to be amazing to meet the other Naughty Nine (boo that Kate and Sydney won’t be there, but they’ll be posting “Home Alone” updates from all of us!).

For my RT roomie, I thought I would share some things you need to know about me while we are sharing a hotel room at the convention:
1. I am terrified of flying. At this point, I'm not entirely convinced that I will make it there without the plane crashing. I may kiss the ground when I arrive in LA. And I will be searching out any leftover booze on Sunday morning when I have to leave.


2. I am not a morning person. If you talk to me, I will hear you but I probably won't answer. Please don't think I'm being rude, but it's nearly impossible for me to form coherent thoughts let alone verbalize them until I've been up a couple of hours and have had a few cups of coffee.



3.  On the other hand, I'm not exactly a night person either. I used to be, but years of getting up at 6:00 AM to go to work have resulted in me calling it a day at about 10:00 pm. However, in the adrenaline rush of the convention and parties, and perhaps with some extra caffeine, I may be able to stay up later—maybe till 11:00. :-)

4.  I am high maintenance. This means I will hog closet space, bathroom space and bathroom time. I will bring way too many clothes and shoes that I won't wear, and will take up space with my makeup, lotions, potions and hair care products. I apologize in advance! It might be a good idea for us to have a bathroom schedule to ensure fairness and no hard feelings.
miansart
Photobucket


4. I am a shy, reserved introvert. I can do a pretty good job of acting like an extrovert, but it exhausts me. If I have to go back to the room alone to curl up in a little ball, once again I'm not being rude, I just need to reenergize with some alone time.


Okay, this is tongue in cheek but somewhat true! I'm so excited about RT and I really hope to meet as many people as possible, especially all my "on-line" friends—fellow authors, readers, industry professionals, anyone who wants to say hey! Love to meet you!

5 comments:

Meg Benjamin said...

I'm with you on the flight, Kelly. Normally, I have the hubs along to talk me down, but this is solo!

PG Forte said...

1. I love flying--hate airports, miss cushier planes and actual food--but love flying.

As luck would have it, I'm driving to LA. Although, come to think of it, I like driving too.

2. Morning people--aren't they just a myth? Coffee is a gift of the gods. 'Nuff said.

3. I'm counting on the caffeine and adrenaline rushes too.

4. I'm not particularly high maintenance, but I'll bring too many clothes and shoes as well. Better safe than sorry.

5. Or 4b. Take your pick. Ditto, ditto, ditto. Will we be the largest group of extroverted introverts RT has ever seen, or what?

Woo-hoo1 It's getting close. Can't wait!

kelly said...

Meg usually I hold my hub's hand (or rather squeeze) and he laughs because my palm is so sweaty. I don't know if the stranger sitting next to me will appreciate that.

PG I know this group has a lot in common! It's going to be fun.

Erin Nicholas said...

Okay Ms Jamieson, here's the deal:
we're pretty much the same person! :) You won't have to worry about me talking to you in the morning for sure-- even though we'll be evidently elbowing for mirror space and tripping over all the extra crap we brought and don't really need! Late nights- the only way I stay up late is if I'm writing. And I don't love to fly. I don't freak out, but there's just something about 30,000 feet that seems wrong to me. So other than the fact that I'm only bringing 2 pairs of shoes (maybe 3), I think we're otherwise two peas in a pod! *G* Can't wait!!!!
Erin

Sydney Somers said...

Sucks that I'm not gonna be there but not sure I'll miss any potential bathroom drama. LOL