I can’t believe in less than TWO WEEKS we’ll be at RT! I’m so excited (and nervous as hell) about going to RT this year. It’s going to be amazing to meet the other Naughty Nine (boo that Kate and Sydney won’t be there, but they’ll be posting “Home Alone” updates from all of us!).
For my RT roomie, I thought I would share some things you need to know about me while we are sharing a hotel room at the convention:
1. I am terrified of flying. At this point, I'm not entirely convinced that I will make it there without the plane crashing. I may kiss the ground when I arrive in LA. And I will be searching out any leftover booze on Sunday morning when I have to leave.
2. I am not a morning person. If you talk to me, I will hear you but I probably won't answer. Please don't think I'm being rude, but it's nearly impossible for me to form coherent thoughts let alone verbalize them until I've been up a couple of hours and have had a few cups of coffee.
3. On the other hand, I'm not exactly a night person either. I used to be, but years of getting up at 6:00 AM to go to work have resulted in me calling it a day at about 10:00 pm. However, in the adrenaline rush of the convention and parties, and perhaps with some extra caffeine, I may be able to stay up later—maybe till 11:00. :-)
4. I am high maintenance. This means I will hog closet space, bathroom space and bathroom time. I will bring way too many clothes and shoes that I won't wear, and will take up space with my makeup, lotions, potions and hair care products. I apologize in advance! It might be a good idea for us to have a bathroom schedule to ensure fairness and no hard feelings.
4. I am a shy, reserved introvert. I can do a pretty good job of acting like an extrovert, but it exhausts me. If I have to go back to the room alone to curl up in a little ball, once again I'm not being rude, I just need to reenergize with some alone time.
Okay, this is tongue in cheek but somewhat true! I'm so excited about RT and I really hope to meet as many people as possible, especially all my "on-line" friends—fellow authors, readers, industry professionals, anyone who wants to say hey! Love to meet you!