Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I'm Looking Forward To



It's that time of year, when everything seems to be in transition. The kids are back in school, the weather is starting to change (though tell that to the 90-plus degree weekend we had on the softball and soccer fields), and we're moving into autumn. I like this season, from the school supplies to the upcoming holidays. And best of all, I've got some things to look forward to in the coming months!

In no particular order, here are a few of the things I'm looking forward to in the upcoming months:



1. My shows coming back!



I don't watch a lot of TV, but Hawaii Five-0 and Glee are both appointment TV for me. I can't wait for more Steve/Danno bromance and the singing, dancing teens of McKinley High!



2. Potential new shows to fall in love with!



By now, you've probably figured out that I'm impatiently waiting for the debut of I Hate My Teenage Daughter, mostly so Eric Sheffer Stevens can grace my television screen once again. But I'm also excited about Terra Nova, Smash, Two Broke Girls, and Ringer.



3. Fall clothing!



I do so love sweaters and boots and other autumn-appropriate items.



4. Soccer season!



Okay, I'm not exactly looking forward to it since it's already started, but watching Saturday morning soccer on a cold, crisp, autumn day, with hot chocolate in hand, is one of my favorite things.



5. Crock pot meals!



I can't wait to break out the crock pot and get those soups and stews and other slow-cooked dishes going again.



So how about you? What are you looking forward to in the coming months?

3 comments:

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

I'm looking forward to all the great shows, movies, n books as well ;) fires, hot coco, holiday shopping, and cooler weather so I can snuggle in sweats n my new snugglie

Meg Benjamin said...

Fall color. I know that sounds like a kind of smarmy sentiment, but when the aspens turn to red and gold in the Rockies it's absolutely spectacular.

Kate Davies said...

I'd say I was looking forward to hot cocoa too, except I never really stopped drinking it! I'm sure it helped that we were in the only part of the US that was unseasonably cold this summer...

And nothing smarmy about fall colors! I love it, too!