Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Book Club Challenge



Welcome to our first Friday Book Club Challenge. All of the Nine Naughty Novelists are reading addicts and thought it was time we dedicate a monthly blog post to talking about our favorite thing...books. Each month we'll issue a new reading challenge and invite everyone to comment alongside the Naughty Nine about the book(s) they've read.


This year's Friday Book Club Challenges:

January - Read a new-to-you author.
February - Read a book set somewhere warm/tropical.
March - Read a contemporary romance
April - Read a really hot (dare we say erotic?) romance.
May - Reader's Choice.
June - Read a book by one of the Nine Naughty Novelists
July - Read a book in a new-to-you series.
August - Read a romantic suspense book.
September - Read a book by a favorite author.
October - Read a paranormal romance/urban fantasy.
November - Read a book that's been in your TBR pile forever.
December - Read a holiday themed book.

So while you're all gearing up to read a new-to-you author, let's talk about the first book you're read in 2013.

16 comments:

Sydney Somers said...

The first book I've read in 2013 was the same one I was reading just before Christmas, Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole. I'm a huge fan of her Immortals After Dark series, a must-read for paranormal romance fans.

Skylar Kade said...

My first book of the year was "Haunted on Bourbon Street" by Deanna Chase. This is an awesome urban fantasy series set in New Orleans. Can you tell I'm itching to go back?

Meg Benjamin said...

I read Grace Burrows' The Virtuoso, part of a series that I'm working my way through and the best so far.

kris said...

I'm in the middle of My Bluegrass Baby, by Molly Harper. Tons of fun thus far!

Tisa said...

First book of the year for me was Troubles and Treats (Chocolate lovers book 3) by Tara Sivec. Needed the laughter after the holidays!

Tisa said...

First book of the year for me was Troubles and Treats (Chocolate lovers book 3) by Tara Sivec. Needed the laughter after the holidays!

Sydney Somers said...

Just checked that series out, Skylar, and the first book in the series is free on Amazon right now.

I think my TBR pile is gonna be growing faster than I can keep up. Already loving hearing about unfamiliar books and authors.

kelly said...

The first book I read in 2013 was Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley. I had to see what all the buzz was about! I found a few rough spots in terms of editing, and the dialogue takes a little getting used to, but overall I loved it!

gigis said...

The first one I read was Gone Country by Lorelei James.

gigi

Juniper Bell said...

The first book I read was She Tempts the Duke by Lorraine Heath. Good, solid historical romance, part of the Lost Lords of Pembrook series. I enjoyed it!

Erin Nicholas said...

I'm lucky enough to have my first book of 2013 be Vivian Arend's upcoming release High Risk (coming in March) (thanks for the ARC, Viv! :)) It's awesome. Put it on your lists!
Erin

Skylar Kade said...

Yeah, the TBR is now giving me puppy eyes while I should be editing.

Kelly, I downloaded a sample of Motorcycle Man to try out!

Fedora said...

Hmm... I know I've already finished a couple books, but I've been really bad about keeping track, and I'm a little forgetful. I am currently reading Ann Roth's Rancher Daddy, and liking it. As for a new-to-me author? Let me check and get back to you!

Shawn said...

The first book for 2013 is All He Ever Needed by Shannon Stacey. I really like this series! Can't wait for Josh's story which comes out soon.

Sydney Somers said...

Kelly - I've been hearing a lot about Kristen Ashley lately, but picked up anything by her yet.

Shawn - I'm a Shannon Stacey fan too, ever since I read 72 Hours a few years back. I haven't read that one yet. Need to add that to mount TBR as well.

Maia Strong said...

The first book I read this year was Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl, the edition that calls itself "Definitive". I'd never read it, and I'm glad I did. Despite knowing how her story ended, the book itself is far from the dark, heavy read you might expect. What an amazing voice she had, and what a blow to the world to have lost it so young!