Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Guest Blogger Cynthia D'Alba - Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Thanks so much to Meg Benjamin for having me here. Today is truly a milestone day in my life. Today, TEXAS TWO STEP hits the shelves in print. My first PRINT book! My name on the cover. It’s surreal…in a good way.

2012 was an interesting year, full of lots new experiences and many learning opportunities.

First, of course, is that TEXAS TWO STEP was released in digital format in February 2012. For the print format to come out on the first day of 2013 is starting the New Year off on an exciting note.

Next, my first story in an anthology, WILD AT HEART, was published in October 2012. I’ve had two other stories accepted for two anthologies to be released in 2013…SMOKING HOT FIREMEN and THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF MEDICAL ROMANCE.

Then, this summer we bought a second home a thousand miles away from our primary residence. This second home needed extensive renovations, which I managed from Arkansas. Picked my colors off the internet and didn’t see them on a wall until it was a done deal. Ordered all my floor tile off the internet and had it shipped basically sight unseen. We didn’t see the full effect of my selection until the tile was on the floor and grouted in. (Looks awesome. Whew!) Had a new laundry area built. New sinks. New plumbing. The house was on two levels, so we are having the lower level raised four feet. I’ve sent the last two days installing a mosaic tile backsplash in the kitchen…All of these learning experiences for sure.

So now 2013 stares me in the face. The challenge to me is to continue spreading my wings, learning new things, and to get two new books to my editor and possibly a novella. I don’t do New Year resolutions, per say. I feel like I’m setting myself up for failure. I just give me a roadmap of challenges.

So, what do you have on your 2013 master calendar? Learning a new language? Reading a thousand books? How do you challenge yourself?

To celebrate the release of TEXAS TWO STEP’s print release, I’ll send a free digital copy of Texas Two Step: The Prequel to the first 10 people who request it through http://cynthiadalba.com/contact      Be sure to tell me what digital format you need.

Thanks again for having me on Nine Naughty Novelists. Hope 2013 is unforgettable year for you.


If you want to buy TEXAS TWO STEP (which is make my husband very happy!), follow one of the links below

Print Format -   Samhain  /  Amazon  /  Barnes & Noble
Digital Format - Samhain /  Amazon  /  Barnes & Noble

No comments: