Friday, January 21, 2011

My new TV love: NCIS

I'm a huge fan of police procedurals, that lovely acronym soup of SVU, CSI, and now, NCIS. At first, I wasn't big on the dynamic between Gibbs, McGee, Ziva, and DiNozzo, but they grew on me--quickly and without fail, like a fungus. A really expensive lovely truffle fungus.

What pulled me through until that point, however, was Pauley Perrette. Her character, Abby, is the NCIS lab tech-science goddess. And she. Is. Awesome! The contrast between her bad-ass punk-goth look and her sweet, nerdy side is so fun to watch! Oh... and her farting hippo stuffed animal. Too funny for words. Yes, I am juvenile.To give you a sense of her character, which I *hope* is a reflection of Pauley as a person, more pictures are in order.


Have I mentioned that she likes wearing collars? This appeals to the BDSM author in me--I'd love to write a character like Abby!
Abby and Gibbs, the leader of their NCIS team.

So tell me: Are you a fan? Or is there another show that just does it for you--investigative or otherwise?

9 comments:

jeanette8042 said...

I love this show! Especially the more recent seasons and Abby is definitely my favorite! I love every scene she's in!

Meg Benjamin said...

Skylar, like you I started off lukewarm, but slowly got drawn in. The only prob for me is that it's opposite Glee, so I only watch it when Glee's in reruns (which it frequently is).

Sherry said...

I love this show and the main reason I started watching it is Mark Harmon. I think he very good looking and he's one of those that seem to get better looking as he gets older.

sstrode@scrtc.com

D. F. Krieger said...

I've been watching NCIS for a while now, my hubby actually bought us the first season a couple of months ago. We love love love it, plus the show generally takes place in the same area we now live in. It's really creepy-cool to hear them talk about stuff and we're like "That's just down the road!"

kelly said...

Mmm. Mark Harmon.
I hardly ever watch TV 'cause I'm always writing but my hubs often has this show on; also Criminal Minds, which I must say has hooked me in. I'm intrigued by the characterizations - like Abby, Criminal Minds has Penelope the techy geek, not Goth but definitely unique! And some yummy guys. And some evil criminals.

Susan said...

I love NCIS. Some of the other in this genre have lost my attention, but I keep coming back to NCIS because of the characters. Abby rocks and I would love someone to write a character like Abby (and yes, do up the BDSM component LOL). If it was just her, though, I probably wouldn't pounce on each episode as soon as it comes out, but add in DiNozzo and McGee, of course Gibbs (he is still hot) and Ziva (that woman can kick some serious ass), all of them add up to a wonderful experience every time. They are like a loving, dysfunctional family that I would love to hang out with in real life.

PG Forte said...

These days, I seem to be watching police procedurals almost every night. NCIS, Castle, Hawaii 50 (and WHY must those two be on at EXACTLY the same time?)Bones, The Mentalist, Lie to Me. I love the cast of Criminal minds, but the ick factor is too high for me to do much more than just graze the show.

Gee, I wonder why I'm not writing more?

lisagkendall said...

NCIS has been a staple at our house from day 1. If not for ABBY, I might have considered no longer watching after they killed off Kate. While I like the show as a whole, ABBY is a large part of the appeal for me. I too would love to see a book based on an ABBY type character.

xoxherestoyouxox said...

I have the same addiction. I watch CIS, DOG the bounty hunter,Cold case, First 48, Forensic files, Medium,but my top is Criminal Minds. When I first began to watch NCIS I felt the same way but soon grew to love it, but unlike you Abby is still a character I can't seem to relate to.