1. The sun!
2. Not needing to wear a jacket. All. The. Time.
4. Spending the afternoon curled up on the deck with a good book and a cold drink.
5. Sending the Herd outside because they have no reason to be indoors when it's nice outside.It's hard to
6. The trailer. Aside from our vacations, nothing is as relaxing and stress-free as spending our weekends at the campground with all the extended family. Family who just love to entertain the Herd.
7. Campfires. More specifically, marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. Enough said.
8. Ice cream. Sure I can have this all year round, but eating an ice cream cone that starting to melt on a warm afternoon makes it that much more enjoyable. Unless you have 5 kids with you who aren't nearly as seasoned when it comes to scarfing down melting ice cream.
9. BBQ's! We still use our Barbeque in the winter (okay Master Chef does) but not very often, and it's not the same watching him flipping burgers on a snow-covered deck as it is watching him on a sunny Saturday afternoon while I'm stretched out on a lounge chair reading that good book.
10. Sunsets. Like the late ones that mean the sun doesn't go down until after the Herd's in bed and it's just Master Chef and I enjoying the quiet evening with a fantastic view of the river.
What about you? What do you miss most about summer? Are you tired of shovelling? Live in a place that hardly see's snow?