Friday, August 27, 2010

My Latest Release

Primal Pleasure, my third Pendragon Gargoyles book, released this week and I'm still riding that post-release high. :) It was one of those books that was just plain fun to write start to finish. Books that just pour out onto the page make it a lot easier to get through the ones that are more challenging. *coughWhateverItTakescough*

For those unfamiliar with the series, my shape-shifting world is populated with sexy and dangerous immortals with ties to Avalon, King Arthur and the search for six mystical daggers that will lead to Excalibur. The third book in the series picks up with Cian Callaghan, the brother who has spent the last hundred years in stone. Needless to stay, when the curse trapping him in his stone gargoyle state is broken, he has only revenge on his mind...or does he? :)

So today I thought I'd share some of my favorite lines from the book. In no particular order...

~ It was official—she was going to die shackled to a damn gargoyle.

~ "Clearly spending a century as a rock left you a few pebbles short."

~ "You are not my female."
An unreadable emotion blinked across her face, then she smiled sweetly. "Thank the gods for that."

~ "If you’re under the impression that sex will make me cooperative—"
"Oh, it’s not an impression."

~ Cian motioned for another card. "Hit me." He leaned forward, his attention on Emma. "Oh wait, you already did that."

~ He wasn’t going to make it out of the car alive.

~ "And if there was ever a stallion in need of mounting, it’s him."

~ "A sorceress with a guilty conscience and uncomfortable with nudity."
"Not all nudity. Just yours."

You can find the blurb, excerpt and chapter one sneak peek over on my Website.

5 comments:

PG Forte said...

Sounds great, Sydney! I can't wait to read it. I picked up a copy as soon as I found out it was available (thank you, Erin!!) but the books are stacking up around here and I haven't had the chance to start it yet. I do love those Callaghan brothers though.

Erin Nicholas said...

Yeah, well, SOMEONE has to let people know when Syd has a book out I guess...

Gawd, I love your Pendragon books, Syd. SO excited about this one!
Erin

Meg Benjamin said...

Oh it sounds so great, Syd! Can't wait to read it.

kelly said...

I can't keep up with the Naughty Nine reading list! Congrats SYD!

Gabrielle Lee said...

I love this series and can't wait to read this one.

Gabrielle
meingee@yahoo.com