Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday 13: 13 Likely To Be Rejected Crayon Colors


Some things you probably don’t know (or maybe don’t want to know) about Crayola Crayons but that I found interesting… kind-of.


(This is from Wikipedia so…well, you know not to reference it in your term paper right?)
Crayola Crayons were first introduced in 1903. There are currently 133 different colors. Colors have been renamed over the years. For instance, Flesh was renamed Peach in 1962, partly because of the U.S. Civil Rights Movement. Indian Red was renamed Chestnut in 1999 due to concern that some children thought the crayon was named for the skin color of Native Americans. According to the company, however, the name originally referred to a reddish-brown pigment from India that is used in artists’ oil paint. There have also been times when crayons have been temporarily renamed for various promotions. (read more here)




Here are some (other) crayon colors that are likely to be rejected when the CEO at Crayola gets my letter. But then he’s very close-minded.



For your consideration:
1. This Is The Best Freakin’ Lemon Cake Ever Yellow
2. My Mother Would Kill Me If I Painted My Nails This Color Orange
3. Is That A Hickey? Purple
4. I Wish I Hadn’t Sent My Jewelry To Cash-for-Gold Gold
5. I Haven’t Been Out In The Sun In Months White
6. Awesome Aereola Pink
7. There’s No Way I’d Make Out With A Guy Who Drove A Car Like That Green
8. Kick Ass Boot Black
9. The Legal Drug Starbucks Is Selling Brown
10. Carpet Burn Red
11. Matthew McConaughey Blue Eyes Blue
12. Matthew McConaughey Bare Chest Tan
13. The Slut That Slept With My Ex Would Wear This Magenta



Any other suggestions? I’m not sending the letter until Monday so let me know…

6 comments:

Debra St. John said...

I'll take the Matthew M. blue and tan. In fact, I'll take several!

(And thanks for the awesome pic!)

PG Forte said...

LMAO!! I'd pay big money for a box of those crayons!!

kelly said...

ROFL! Those are hilarious, Erin!

I love Crayola crayons. Cause they're all...colourful.

Leah Braemel said...

My DH and I used to work at the Crayola factory during our high school summer vacations. The workers often had their own names for the colors -- some of which are similar to the ones you have listed, LOL.

(the dry pigment color they used for the finger paints used to coat everything--my husband used to say he could tell what color they'd been working on whenever he blew his nose.)

Skylar Kade said...

There is Diet Coke on my keyboard now from reading that list. Well done, Erin, well done :D

Erin Nicholas said...

Yeah, I figured that Matt-honey would sell a few boxes all on his own! Leah, that had to be an interesting job! I was a motel maid for a summer... that's a whole other blog post!