I realized that in less than a week, RT is starting. It completely snuck up on me--I think I was in time-crunch denial. I know there are more than thirteen things to do before then, but here's my list:
1. Finish my Steampunk costume: I didn't order my accessories from Amazon (*facepalm*) so I'm getting creative and heading to Goodwill and Michael's tomorrow. I'm going for a kind of explorer-ish look; I have my boots, pants, and awesome velvet jacket so far. What kind of accessories should I bring, other than my "ray gun" (Phin's nerf gun spray painted silver...maybe I should have asked before appropriating it :P)
2. Find a mask and wings for the Venetian Faerie ball: Hello craft and year-round Halloween stores!
3. Pack: Lordy, deciding what to wear for the parties is hard enough, and now I have to dress myself for the rest of the day? The Nine have talked about this, and we're torn on whether or not to wear jeans. I'm currently in favor of them, mostly because I really don't want to go clothes shopping this weekend :)
4. Gather promo items: Since I'm in the LA area, a lot of our promo items have been sent to me--and they're beautiful! You should definitely be jealous of our Romance Trading Cards, but lucky for you, they're easy to get into your hot little hands. Work a little email magic, pray the USPS doesn't lose them, and--voila!--all yours. Just ask!
5. Go to the salon: Haircut, nails, etc. Gotta look pretty for the other writers! And by "other writers," I really mean "hawt cover models."
6. Whittle down the shoes I'm bringing: monumental task, I gotta tell you. I love shoes, and they just won't all fit in my suitcase. Anyone else have this problem?
7. Write: Oh, the world doesn't stop because of an impending conference? Damn. Work still needs to be done.
8. If we're talking about work...I have editing to do!: When I'm not writing or reading, I'm editing. My own work, others'...I freakin' love this part of my life. And as the new managing editor at AudioLark audiobooks (or a-books, though I'm still waiting for that one to catch on, lol) I do a lot of written and sound editing, the latter of which is new and shiny for me.
9. Write some more: ah, the pressures of being a writer. Woe is me? Never.
10. Create a "honey-do" list: Enough said. Does anyone else live by these?
11. Decide whether to bring my netbook: Would I like to write while I'm there? Of course! Will it happen? Not likely...And traveling light is the name of this game, as much as humanly possible (No, I'm not looking at you, PG, I swear!)
12. Run to Costo: Must. Have. Wine!
13. SLEEP: Five days of author-reader craziness? I'm stocking up on the shut-eye now.
Are you all ready? I won't be (too) jealous, I swear! Or if you're going to another conference, what is the one thing you have to bring with you?