Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Confessions of a T.V Junkie



I love this time of year. Kids are back in school and routines are in full swing again. The weather is cool, but there isn’t any snow yet. Christmas is close enough to look forward to, and still far enough away there’s no need to panic yet about too much to do and too little time.

And all my favorite fall television shows are back.

I’m a wee bit of a television junkie. Maybe even a twelve-steps kind of junkie, but thankfully no one seems to worry about it too much. Except maybe Master Chef who has to listen to my zombie impersonations during commercial breaks when we’re watching The Walking Dead.

I love that my annual favorites are back, like Grey’s Anatomy and occasionally Glee—for those moments when I’m in need of high school melodrama juiced up on Journey or Lady Gaga. And since it’s no secret that I’m crazy in love with zombies (emphasis on crazy according to Master Chef) I’ve been looking forward to a new season of Walking Dead for months.

This fall I’ve also discovered Arrow. I’ve always been a sucker for a superhero and thankfully instead of being cheesy and cliché (okay, maybe a little) this one is darker, more suspenseful. Also suspenseful is the wonderfully eccentric Sherlock Holmes in Elementary.

But my most recent favorite would have to be Homeland. Intense and intriguing, and guaranteed to drive you crazy with their cliffhanger endings every single time. Love it!

So what about you guys? Any annual favorites or new shows that have snagged your interest? I’m always on the lookout for something new to watch.

No comments: