Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Galerius and Claudia—the couple from my upcoming release, Deception’s Web—have a thing about having sex in public places where they might get caught. They do it in a garden, in a theater during a performance, on a massage table in a public bath, on the beach. It isn’t until the final sex scene that they do it in the privacy of a bedroom.
Part of the thrill from having sex in public places is the chance you might get caught. The “naughtiness” of the act ups the stakes from some couples and is a common fantasy. But the downside to it is if you get caught, you could be punished under “lewd acts” laws. So, in order to encourage public lewdness (without getting readers arrested), here’s a list of “safer” places to indulge that fantasy of public sex.
1. In a car. Parking’s been popular for over a century, and there’s a reason why. Just try to pick an abandoned parking lot, and don’t do it in the driver’s seat because your behind might hit the horn mid-act.
2. In a park. Yes, commune with nature, but try to pick a spot that has a nice barrier like a big tree, a gazebo, or a row of bushes. Oh, and watch out for poison ivy.
3. In a fitting room. No security cameras, and the mirrors are an added bonus. Best time to go is when the store opens.
4. In the mall. Seriously, hardly anyone goes into those back hallways that are marked “Employees Only”.
5. In an empty classroom. God, I miss those college days. Much safer than the library, and you can don your favorite school girl uniform.
6. In a utility/janitorial closet. Who needs a smoke break at work when you can get busy in a closet? Just try and keep the moaning down so the boss doesn’t overhear.
7. In a movie theater. Aim for that early matinee, and try to pick a movie you weren’t interested in seeing anyway
8. In a photo booth. Just don’t forget to say cheese. J
9. In a cemetery. After dark, no one’s going to bother you. Plus, you might feed that secret paranormal bad girl inside.
10. In a golf course. Manicured lawns add a nice level of comfort to “fore”play.
11. In a sauna. Wait until the gym is almost empty and indulge in some truly steamy sex.
Crista McHugh is a multiple award-winning author of fantasy romance and paranormal romance with heroines who are smart, sexy, and anything but ordinary. She currently lives in the Audi-filled suburbs of Seattle with her husband and two children, maintaining her alter ego of mild-mannered physician by day while she continues to pursue writing on nights and weekends. You can find her on Twitter and Facebook, and her webpage is www.cristamchugh.com
Posted by Meg Benjamin at 4:00 AM