Thursday, November 3, 2011
1. Erin, Kelly, PG. It was fantastic getting the chance to hang out with them. Even if I'd never attended a single session, the conference would have been worth it for that fact alone. (Note to the IRS: I did attend a couple sessions. And for the record, we were "networking".)
2. The pitches! I registered so late, I didn't think there would be any spaces left. But I had the chance to chat with some great publishing professionals, and consider myself very lucky to have the opportunity.
3. The food. Mmmmmm.
4. Dinner with Daisy! She joined us for Italian on Saturday night, and we had a great time (sorry to the rest of the restaurant patrons - hope we didn't laugh TOO much).
5. Angela James' author branding workshop. This alone would have been worth the conference fee.
6. Shoes. Wearing them, admiring them, adding another book to giveaway whenever someone complimented them.
7. Feral camels and hot tubs. Yes, this will make sense someday.
8. Smart bitches appletini. Yum.
9. Getting to see old friends and make new ones.
10. Giggling with the girls at lunch. PG, Erin, and Kelly are BAAAAD influences. Also? We did not have nearly traumatic enough childhoods.
11. Being the first to hear the whole outline for parody #3!!! Cannot wait to get started on it!
12. Books, books, books!
13. Being rested, rejuvenated, and ready to hit the manuscripts again.
Posted by Kate Davies at 2:51 AM