Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Guest Blogger Delilah Devlin - Rules? What rules?


When I was much younger, I had one simple goal in life. I didn't want to live an ordinary life. I succeeded—not beyond my dreams, because my dream-life has always been so rich in adventures no mortal woman could survive it. My dreams had to be extraordinary to improve upon my real life. And when you're living that way, on the edge and out there, day to day, it's hard to find the next great thing to excite you.

Thanks goodness for books that fed my thirst for something more. And they worked for a time. However, before too long, they frustrated me. They didn't go far enough. When I wanted to be drenched in the moment, I didn't need prose so poetic I felt as though I'd taken a soothing Calgon bath. I wanted to smell the sweat, feel the pressure and nips, drown in the invasion of my body and heart.

Maybe that's why now, when I get the chance to write those longer journeys set in a demonic underworld or on another planet, I don't pay any attention whatsoever to rules. What do you mean the romance has to be about one man and one woman? Why do I have to have them behave like heroes ALL the time? Can't I dirty up my heroes and heroines? Place them in situations that make them squirm and sweat, and not in a sexy way, before I give them what they've EARNED by the end of the story? I love to be exhausted at the end of a story, having lived through a stunning adventure, facing down monsters or taming a Viking lover. I hope you enjoy that sort of adventure as well---something bigger than life, a story where you can lose your sense of self inside the pages. Enslaved by a Viking is just the kind of story I love to read---rich in world-building, filled with headstrong men and women, full to the brim with sexual energy. Enjoy!

What the story's about...

His suffering.

Though proud and strong, Eirik, heir to the Ulfhednars kingdom, found himself seduced and taken from his homeworld by a bounty-hunting vixen, who sold him into slavery. Purchased by a wealthy, Consortium-backed brothel, he is kept at a heavily guarded and secure breeding facility, where he is forced to feed the lustful whims of Helios's elite at night. He bides his time, waiting for a chance to escape and get his revenge on the woman who betrayed him.

Her satisfaction.
Once a sex thrall, Fatin earned her freedom through service. Now, as a bounty hunter, she is determined to earn enough to buy her sister's papers from the same brothel she escaped. For this, she abducts a brutishly handsome, breed-worthy specimen from the Viking planet and delivers him to auction. But her desire for justice and his desire for freedom may consume both of them in a passion neither wanted-or can resist.

Bio:
Delilah Devlin is a prolific and award-winning author of erotica and erotic romance with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Ms. Devlin has published over ninety erotic stories in multiple genres and lengths. She is published by Avon, Black Lace, Kensington, Atria/Strebor, Cleis Press, Ellora's Cave, Samhain Publishing, and in 2011 the first two books in her New Icelandic Chronicles series---Ravished by a Viking and Enslaved by a Viking---were released by Berkley.
Links: Read an excerpt:


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that cover

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

I have only read one Delilah Devlin book so far but this one sure looks like it going to be on m list to read :)Thanks

Meg Benjamin said...

Welcome to the Naughty Nine, Delilah. Great looking series!

June M. said...

This book is on my wishlist. I really love the sound of it, yummy space vikings!
June M.

Cynthia D'Alba said...

Why am I not surprised to find Delilah Devlin at a site with "naughty" and "Novelists" in the title! LOL

Let me just say...this is one steaming hot, sexy read. Be prepared...oven mitts to hold your e-reader might be a good idea!

Great job, DD

tammy ramey said...

i love the cover of this book, it is gorgeous and i am looking forward to reading it. it's at the top of the TBR list.

trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

kelly said...

Thanks for joining us her Delilah, great to have you! Your book sounds very powerful and definitely "rule breaking"!

Jen B. said...

Delilah + Nine Naughty = Perfect Fit!
I am looking forward to reading this book. It's on my wish list just waiting for me to get some book money. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Becky said...

great post. I am looking forward to reading this story. I can relate on how the books fed your thirst for something more. When I was younger, reading was my gateway to finding new places and exploring them.

Fedora said...

Delilah, gotta love anything you write, you rule-breaker, you! That coloring outside the lines thing works for your writing, for sure!