Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thirteen -- Emerald City, Here We Come

One week from today, I'll be heading up to Seattle to attend the Emerald City Writers' Conference (along with Erin, Kate and Kelly). So today I thought I list some of the reasons why I'm looking forward to the trip.  

Number 1 has to be the chance to spend some quality time with some of the other Naughty Nine. I anticipate a lot of talk, a lot of brainstorming a lot of laughter and, yes (Number 2) a lot of wine.




Let's just hope it doesn't break in my luggage!

Number 3. Meeting with my editor...and my other editor...

I have questions. Hopefully, they'll have answers. 

If not, there's always Number 4 because no, I am not above using a birthday drink as a bribe...

I'm also not above using (Number 5) lunch with other Carina Press authors as an excuse for asking questions...


But let's move on, shall we?  Number 6. Gift baskets! 



Apparently there are going to be a lot of these around and yes, we're putting one together too. What's in it? At this point, probably only Kate knows for sure. But I know what I'm contributing: goodies from two of my favorite stores: LUSH  and Good Vibrations.

Number 7.  The book fair...



Okay, it probably won't be that crowded, but I'm definitely looking forward to meeting readers and maybe signing a few books (Number 8)...

.

Or (Number 9) handing out a few of my brand-spanking-new Romance Trading Cards...


Then, Number 10, because it's only a few days before Halloween, Saturday night there's a costume party. Here's my costume:


And, yes, just so you know, I look exactly like this. lol! 

Number 11. Seattle is famous for coffee and Erin and I are famous for our love of coffee. Not that Kate or Kelly are far behind us in this. Sunday we're hoping to take a bit of a break from all this partying...er, I mean working, and go on a coffee crawl...


Being  the dedicated, hardworking professionals we are, we may also indulge in a bit of research, taking on the thankless task of deciding for ourselves which is better bacon cupcakes or bacon doughnuts...



Last, but not least (and God knows we'll probably need it after all that sugary goodness), we may stop at the Dry Soda Company tasting room (conveniently located in downtown Seattle) for some Lavender and/or Juniper and/or Blood Orange and/or Rhubarb and/or Cucumber soda...


There you have it. Now then: any questions?





5 comments:

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great time. give my love to the girls and take lots of pics! I love the costume by the way and you are looking rather wonderful in the pic :) send me a soda or a doughnut - xoxo enjoy it

PG Forte said...

lol! I do look good, don't I? It's a wonderful disguise...I mean costume. ;)

kelly said...

Oh I can't wait too!!!! It all sounds so great and that's an awesome costume ;-)

Maria D. said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Have a great time.

Erin Nicholas said...

I have three words for you (and lots of exclamation points): I. Can't. Wait. !!!!!!!!!!

Erin