Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A new release and a BIG thank you


"There are so many people I have to thank for helping with this book: my wonderful critique partner Nara Malone for her valuable feedback; all of the Nine Naughty Novelists for their incredible friendship, support and encouragement through challenging times, in particular, PG Forte and Erin Nicholas who read this manuscript and also gave feedback; as always my family who support me no matter what; and most especially goddess editor Sue-Ellen Gower—thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and input! I’m so glad we’re working together again, Suz!" 

That is the author note at the beginning of One Wicked Night,  my latest release (yesterday!) from Samhain Publishing. Just in case any of you Naughty Novelists don’t happen to read it, I wanted you to know how grateful I am to you. You all know the “challenging times” I went through over the last year and I wanted to acknowledge how much your support and encouragement meant to me. Every single one of you gave words of encouragement at various times and for various reasons, and helped me get this book out there.

One Wicked Night is one of those stories that “wrote itself”. It didn’t take a lot of research. I didn’t do a lot of planning. The characters developed very clearly and quickly in my mind. I never had moments where I was stuck on what they should do next. I loved Kaelin and Tyler and Nick, and I loved this story and I believed in it. And I hope readers like it too! Here’s a little excerpt!
The boys are back in town…
Ten years ago, Kaelin Daume spent a steamy summer home from college secretly hanging out with town bad boy Tyler Wirth and his best friend Nick Kernsted. The connection was warm, complicated, and came to a crashing end when she walked in on her two forbidden friends with another woman. The shocking scene of sex and bondage has haunted her boring, oh-so-vanilla life ever since.

The fallout from that night tore Tyler’s life apart. He left Mapleglen, disowned and disgraced, to build a successful advertising career and a unique relationship with Nick. Nothing could bring him back except his sister’s wedding, and he plans to hightail it back to Chicago as soon as it’s over. At least one good thing hasn’t changed: Kaelin is as sweet as ever. Except she doesn’t seem too thrilled to hear it.

As tensions run high, Kaelin can’t resist the temptation to commit one crazy act of rebellion. Once the web of secrets, sins and lies starts to unravel, though, their lives will never be the same…

Product Warnings
This book contains a nice girl who gets her naughty on with two hot men. M/M/F and M/M scenes may cause an increase in body temperature, pulse rate and respiration. Read with caution! For adult use only.
EXCERPT:

Their eyes met and held in a stretched-out connection.

She didn’t move away from his touch, although she was sitting with both her hands captured by his and Nick’s, sandwiched between them, but she wasn’t trying to get away, and he let his hand drift to her shoulder.

“You’re so sweet, Kaelin,” he said hoarsely. “You put the whole wedding together for Avery. You bailed out Scott. Even my mom loves you.”

A tiny huff of laughter escaped her at that.

Tyler looked at Nick, who also gazed at Kaelin’s face with a look of admiration and yes, hunger.

Nick wanted her too.

As if sensing Tyler’s gaze on him, Nick looked away from Kaelin, and his and Tyler’s gazes locked. Unspoken questions passed between them.

Tyler closed his eyes. It was futile to even let ideas like that tease the edges of his mind. Kaelin was a good girl, the best kind of good girl, sweet and innocent and no doubt as vanilla as soft-serve ice cream. He’d had to take drastic measures the last time he’d started having outrageous, inappropriate thoughts like that about her, and this could be no different.

“What’s wrong?” she whispered, big brown eyes focused on him when he opened his.

His mouth twisted. “Nothing.” He lifted the hand he still held and kissed her fingers. Her pupils went wide, eyes dark as she watched him. Hell. “You’re just so nice, Kaelin. Such a good girl.”

She went very still, sitting there on the couch between him and Nick.

“Really,” he continued. “Brent seemed like a nice guy too. You’d make a good couple.”

“Oh for Chrissakes!” The words exploded out of her mouth and she yanked her hands out of their grip. “I’m not that nice!”

And she grabbed Tyler’s head, yanked him toward her and kissed him hard.

Too stunned to even kiss her back, his head reeled as she shoved him away, but that was nothing compared to the bolt of lightning that struck him when she turned to Nick, grabbed him and kissed him too.

 Buy it at the Samhain Bookstore or Amazon or B&N

3 comments:

PG Forte said...

Aww. Thanks, Kel. (one more day to go--woo-hoo!)

Meg Benjamin said...

You're welcome! And while we're at it, thanks for all the support you've given me and everybody else on the list. Gee, we're a supportive group, aren't we!

Erin Nicholas said...

I will do favors like reading your work anytime, Kelly! ;) This is a great book and I'm so glad it's finally out there for *everyone* to read!