Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting Close

A funny thing happened when I sat down to write this post. I had it all planned out, knew just what I was going to talk about, but when the time came to actually get it down in words, my muse balked.

She's been on an extended vacation for most of the past six months...okay, closer to twelve if I'm being honest. And, now, that the words have finally started to flow again, she doesn't want to stop. It's big relief to be writing again, because I'd gotten way behind on what I'm supposed to have written by now. On the other hand, however, I'm now only pages away from being finished with my current WIP and putting it aside to do anything else including eat, bathe, write blog posts.

In spite of all of that, I love this stage of the book, when you're so close to the end that it's officially inevitable. When you find yourself slowing down because you're not quite ready to give those characters up. When you find yourself obsessively pondering possible titles. When you realize that, barring a power outage or some other tragedy, you're going to be finished with this book very, very soon.

So you'll forgive me if I don't give you the post I was going to write and if I cut this one short as well, but I have a book to finish. And that's the first time I can say that in almost a year.

5 comments:

kelly said...

We forgive you! Go finish the book!

Meg Benjamin said...

Go for it PG! We're all waiting to see what happens next.

Drmgrl99 - Dawn said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!! your almost done??!!! you better not be teasing - I know where you live and ihave your number and I'm not affair to use it - lol. So happy to hear all is coming along and blog post is fine cause it made me squeel and smile :D

PG Forte said...

Yup. Just a couple of kisses away from the end. But I am gonna tease you with wondering who's kissing who. lol!

Sami Lee said...

Congrats PG, it's damn awful when that muse plays hide and seek. Can't wait to hear all about the new book.