Thursday, January 30, 2014

Non-mainstream movies that deserve some love

You know that movie that never made it to the mainstream consciousness...yet you can't get enough of? Yeah, so do we.

So next date night, grab your popcorn and ditch the theater to give some love to these non-mainstream wonders.

Skylar: America's Sweethearts. It's got Billy Crystal, Hank Azaria, John Cusack, Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It's romantic, it's funny, and it pokes fun at the movie industry. What more could you want?

Kate: No Name on the Bullet. Great Audie Murphy Western noir film. He's totally cold in it.

Kelly: Wayne's World, Phantom of the Paradise, Rocky Horror Picture Show (you can see I have to go way back for these)

Meg: Songwriter. From the 90s. The ultimate Texas movie (rumor was it was killed by studio execs b/c the commentary on the business was too pointed).

PG: The Big Chill, The Butcher'sWife, The Big Picture, Truly Madly Deeply, About Time, Chances Are

Erin: I. It's quirky, funny, weird. Definitely weird. I can't even really say why I like it. I watched it because my daughter insisted. She's always right about this stuff.

No comments: